About Me

My photo
United States
I have been making art and design for decades. I have been a graphic artist, jewelry, furniture and clothing designer, painter and print maker. I’ve exhibited my artwork in numerous group and solo shows in the US and Europe. I am originally from Queens, New York where I received a Bachelor's Degree in Anthropology from Queens College. I hold a Master of Arts Degree in Humanities from California State University Dominguez Hills and a Practice-based Doctoral Research Degree in Fine Art-Painting from De Montfort University in Leicester, England. I also hold another Master of Arts Degree in Education. I have taught studio art and design, art history, research, and education for over 12 years at the graduate and undergraduate levels, online and on ground. I live in Asheville, North Carolina with my husband of 40 years. I have 4 children and 1 grandchild. I facilitate workshops in art, craft and design at The Urban Art Retreat and Studio in Asheville, North Carolina. Visit the website at theurbanartretreatandstudio.com

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Brooklyn Snow Day

Brooklyn Snow Day. 24" x 30". Painted in little over 2 hours in oil on found board in the spirit of the Ashcan School style of painting.



The Ashcan School Movement was an early 20th Century American artistic movement portraying daily life in New York City. Using gestural strokes, the Ashcan artists concentrated on the vitality and energy of the growing city teeming with immigrants and new industry.


Corner Bistro 15" x 15". Acrylic on re-purposed wooden board. Painted from a photo taken by Nick Puglisi.