About Me

My photo
United States
I have been making art and design for decades. I have been a graphic artist, jewelry, furniture and clothing designer, painter and print maker. I’ve exhibited my artwork in numerous group and solo shows in the US and Europe. I am originally from Queens, New York where I received a Bachelor's Degree in Anthropology from Queens College. I hold a Master of Arts Degree in Humanities from California State University Dominguez Hills and a Practice-based Doctoral Research Degree in Fine Art-Painting from De Montfort University in Leicester, England. I also hold another Master of Arts Degree in Education. I have taught studio art and design, art history, research, and education for over 12 years at the graduate and undergraduate levels, online and on ground. I live in Asheville, North Carolina with my husband of 40 years. I have 4 children and 1 grandchild. I facilitate workshops in art, craft and design at The Urban Art Retreat and Studio in Asheville, North Carolina. Visit the website at theurbanartretreatandstudio.com

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Dakota


Dakota. 38" x 26" mixed media.